Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bayan Baru MP, Teratai Assemblyman

Spurs fan
My MP: Bayan Baru
Name: Datuk Zahrain Mohamed HashimParty: PKRAge: 53 Marital status: Married Number of children: Four Constituency: Bayan Baru, Penang Education: Professional mathematics and statistics qualification from the UK Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) Profession: Full-time politician
Datuk Zahrain Mohamed Hashim enjoys golf and football.
How much time do you spend on the computer? Do you blog? Got a website?
Two to three hours a day. I don’t blog but I plan to start soon. No website.
Do you play any musical instrument, dance or sing?
I play the piano and guitar. I sound a bit like Engelbert Humperdinck, they say.
What kind of music do you listen to? Favourite song?
All types ... except for hard rock and punk. For the Good Times, which has been covered so many times by so many artistes.
Are you into movies? Favourite movie?
Once in a while I’ll catch something. I like historical movies and thrillers. I enjoyed Star Wars.
Favourite actor?
Robert Redford, he’s good. Also Brad Pitt and Rosyam Nor.
Favourite actress?
Salma Hayek and Umie Aida because they are very natural. They don’t “overact”.
What do you read?
Nowadays I rarely read novels, but back in school, yes. These days I read magazines like Newsweek and the Economic Review.
Are you into English Premier League football? What’s your team and favourite player?
Yes, of course! Tottenham Hotspur and Berbatov.
If not football, what’s your favourite sport?
Golf.
What do you play? Who is your favourite sports star?
Golf. Tiger Woods.
Coffee or tea?
Latte.
Got a nickname?
Well, my wife calls me “darling”, does that count?
What languages can you speak?
English and Bahasa Malaysia.
What is the gadget you can’t do without?
My PDA-handphone.
Favourite food?
Nasi kandar.
You have a weakness for ...
Food! Joking-lah.
Smoke?
No.
What car do you drive?
A black Mercedes. I have had it for the past eight years.
Any phobia?
I’m afraid of heights.
What is your contribution to environmental conservation?
Well ... I don’t smoke.
==================================================================
Teratai assemblyman believes that youth are the future
By FAZLEENA AZIZ
MY ADUN: Teratai
Full name: Lee Ying HaParty: DAPAge: 28Marital status: SingleEducation: Bachelor of Econo-mics & Government and International Relations from Sydney University, Australia – Majored in Economics at Curtin University, Australia, and majored in Business at Inti College and New Era College in Malaysia
THE 12th general election saw many young people coming into the political scene. For 28-year-old Teratai state assemblyman Jenice Lee, the emergence of these young politicians is the future of Malaysia.
Lee: It is something the people have chosen for me based on the work I have done for the community
“I think it is the trend that fits the world today. The older generation of politicians have the experience but the younger ones have the sense and mood of what is more relevant to the people.
“What we need is for both generations to work together,” she said.
“One of my principles is to do good but not at the expense of other people. As a human being, you must have guts to do the things that will allow you to move forward in life.
“Being a woman in politics, I may have to work twice as hard to prove I can do the job but it is something people have chosen me for based on the work I have done for the community,” said Lee
Lee has been a DAP member for the last seven years and was Bukit Bintang MP Fong Kui Lun’s political secretary from 2004 to 2005. She is also the DAP Teratai Community Centre director.
How much time to do you spend on the computer?
More than 10 hours a day.
Do you blog?
Yes.
Do you have a website?
http://www.jenicelee.com/
Got a nickname? How did it come about?
My nickname is Jenice. It was a name my sister gave me when she was little and I have kept it until now.
What is the gadget you can’t do without?
A computer with Internet access.
What car do you drive and how long have you had it?
I have an old Honda Civic for three years now.
What kind of music do you listen to?
Classical music and Jazz.
Are you into movies? Favourite movie?
I would watch movies while relaxing. I love to watch comedies. I enjoyed Gone with the Wind and Dances with Wolves.
Favourite Actor, and why?
I like Stephen Chow and Cheng Siu Chow but I admire directors like Steven Spielberg and Xu Ke for the kind of work they have made.
Favourite actress, and why?
I like Maggie Cheung; she is a very fine actress.
What’s your favourite sport? What do you play?
I like all kinds of sports. In school, I played a lot of volleyball and swam when I had the chance.
Coffee or tea?
I am definitely a coffee person but I cannot take so much of it so sometimes I do take tea. I do like cafe latte.
What languages can you speak?
Malay, English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Do you smoke?
No.
You have a weakness for?
the Internet because it allows me access to information.
What’s your favourite food?
Seafood.
What is your contribution to environmental conservation?
I have been aware of the importance of preserving the environment since I was young. My friends and I started to collect tin cans voluntarily and we continued by educating our neighbours and family. It is part of the policy which I stand by on.
Name an idol that you look up to and why.
I sympathise with what Aung San Suu Kyi has gone through and I admire Mahatma Gandhi for what he has done for his country and the people.
Any phobias?
I am afraid of heights and get very dizzy when at high places.
==================================================================

No comments: